On a larger note where Coronavirus continues to take toll, the global shortage of masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE) required for healthcare workers and doctors is a major concern.
In the wake of this situation, Gerber Technology announced the creation of the Gerber PPE Task Force and Resource Team after their initiative bore fruitful results in China.
Globally, more than 300 manufacturers, including major global companies, rely on Gerber’s advanced software, hardware solutions and expertise to produce masks and other PPE.
Over the last few months, the company has helped its customers and partners to transit into producing protective masks and other required medical supplies.
With over 50 years of expertise in the field, Gerber technology is successful in helping apparel companies’ transit to manufacturing masks and other personal protective gear, which is the need of the hour.
The dedicated team of experts at Gerber Technology offer advice, share best practices, support and technology to produce certain types of masks, protective apparels and accessories including raw material procurement and on-site support.
Services offered by Gerber PPE Resource team include:
1. Implementing pre-defined patterns and markers or defining fabric/sewing requirements.
2. Helping with the set-up of cutter parameters specific to the selected fabrics.
3. Providing training, software, equipment and service technicians to ramp up production.
4. Changing over current production lines to the production of PPE.
5. Connecting supply and demand for PPE via global ecosystem of customers and partners.
6. Introducing existing PPE manufacturers to those converting to PPE production.