by Apparel Resources News-Desk
16-November-2018 | 3 mins read
WEAVES, a premier textile fair, will be held from 5th to 8th December 2018 at Texvalley, Erode, Tamil Nadu, India. The 4-day event will be organised by Texvalley in association with CII. The event will highlight different kind of fabrics like greige, handlooms/khadi, finished and processed fabrics, ethnic wear and apparel fabrics as well as home textiles. Additionally there will also be exquisite display of different types of machineries, accessories and allied services. Around 250 exhibitors will be displaying the best of their collections at the fair that is expected to attract over 6,000 visitors and more than 1,000 international and domestic buyers. Weaves will be embarking on its theme of “Experience the Difference, Embrace the Expertise and Elevate your Business.”
WEAVES event is supported by CMAI, IL&FS Clusters, PDEXCIL, AEPC, SRTEPC, SIMA, FIEO, TEXPROCIL, TEA, ITF & HEPC. It aims to bring together supply chain partners and stakeholders to a common platform and conduct conference, exhibition & industry-interactive activities to strengthen the Government’s vision of achieving pre-eminent global position in terms of market share of all textiles products manufactured and exported from India. Further, it is a need of the hour to bridge the competitive gap among the clusters present due to the fragmented structure of the industry and also lack of awareness on techno-socio-economic advancement happening worldwide.
WEAVES is an attempt to facilitate partnership between Indian and overseas buyers with textile manufacturers and traders of this region. Additionally, it is an effort to have a global connect for weavers and create opportunities through networking, technology, smart marketing and business empowerment.
The salient features of the event are as follows:
- One-to-one B2B meetings with buyers on prior appointments
- Trade association tie-ups with countries like Bangladesh, Vietnam, Srilanka, Cambodia, Myanmar, UAE-Dubai, Singapore, Malaysia, Kenya and Ethiopia
- Separate pavilions of Sri Lanka and Vietnam
- Two-day conference on trade growth and industry forecast by top industry experts
- MOU and tie-ups with over 25 institutions with the powerloom clusters of Tamil Nadu
- Key delegates will include industry leaders, dignitaries from Ministry of Textiles, officials from state Governments, etc.
- Fashion show and traditional textile museum
- Domestic brands, buying offices, buyers, online retailers, weavers, large format chain stores and boutique shops as visitors
Texvalley is an integrated textile market and the first of its kind in South India, an initiative by the Government of India with the support of Tamil Nadu Government in order to help weavers in the cluster of Erode. It represents southern state’s textile activities, which have grown in terms of value, volume and variety over the decades. Texvalley houses domestic textile zone, with a complete eco-system of business ethics, compliance and certifications.